When I started this blog I didn’t really have a direction. I knew I had things to say, things to vent about, and things that I felt just needed to be said. I use this as my own personal sounding board, and I am truly amazed at the people I have found here. I was stunned that as I logged in to complete this post I hit 50 followers. I feel like I’ve found a brand new groups of friends. While I still hide behind the moniker modernideals, I find I can truly be myself, and that is a very hard thing to find in the real world. So a HUGE thank you to DatinginVegas who nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. It means a lot to me that she takes the time to read my gibberish and felt that at least some of it carried meaning. Take some time to check out her blog, it’s so very worth it!
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
So ladies and gents bear with me here; I’m still fumbling my way through wordpress, and I’m bound to screw this up somehow…
Here are the rules of the award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
So, 7 things about me…without giving away all of my secrets…wait, don’t I do that anyway?
- My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip, and I can eat gallons of it if I’m not careful.
- I have a high IQ but miss the simplest things sometimes, and I hate people who take advantage of that.
- I live like a guy in college. I hate doing dishes, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc. I go out of my way to avoid it. I’m lucky I live alone.
- I hate the rain. Absolutely HATE it.
- I can read a 600 page book in about four hours if I have no interruptions. Makes for a costly habit.
- I hate going to sleep but hate waking up. Makes no sense.
- I still dream of being in a rock band.
Whew – that’s done. Now, for the best part (drumroll please…..)…….
Not in any sort of order (numbered only so I made sure I got 15!), the bloggers I nominate are…..
- New Single Guy Gotta love a guys’ perspective on dating
- Nostalgia Spoken Here I may be young but sometimes I feel the same way
- Kerryannebrint Because she’s putting it all there and I could only wish to be that brave!
- A New Melissa, One Day At A Time I totally follow this for the amazing food pictures (and the great blog posts that go with them!)
- Weakerhiskneesget You make me laugh out loud, and really think
- Weight Loss Gal Brand new but I can’t wait to read more!
- Undeaddad He speaks the truth and from the heart
- Epicurus & Lilith You’ll love to hate their posts
- Dirty Thirty What I have to look forward to in a few years! – She keeps me laughing!
- Dateaholicdax A very interesting male perspective and I can’t stop reading
- Essa on Everything Awesome stuff
- The Byronic Man He doesn’t need more followers, but I enjoy following him 😉
- Diary of a Quirky Girl You can’t help but like her!
- Martini Conversations I love her honesty and openness
- A Nine Pound Hammer…Or A Woman Like You, Either of These Will Do Short and sweet posts, but thought provoking
I really enjoying following all of you, and there are plenty I didn’t get to. Maybe on the next round, eh?
Last but not least, thank you to everyone who does stop to see what I have to say, and even take time to comment. It means a great deal to me that so many strangers have so much in common, and I smile every time I get a new email with a new comment or new post from those I follow.